- This event has passed.
Parent Transition Group (PTG) Meeting
May 6 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Parent Transition Group (PTG) consists of parents, students, agencies, businesses, educators, and legislators. The PTG meets from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the first Monday of every month at the Arc of Indiana County office in Indiana, PA. Information and support is provided to assist parents of students with disabilities who are making the transition from high school to post-secondary education, employment, and community living. The Parent Transition Group provides:
- Workshops on transition issues
- Mentoring for parents of transitioning students
- Opportunities for networking with the local partners
- Current information on transition issues
- Opportunities for students and parents to do presentations at the local and state levels on transition issues
Lunch is provided following the meetings. The meetings are informal and casual to foster open communication.