The Arc of PA invites family caregivers across Pennsylvania to join us for two listening sessions to share their lived experience. Our organization is submitting public comments on the newly released: 2022 National Strategies for Family Caregivers. We want our comments to reflect the lived experience and thoughts of family caregivers in Pennsylvania. Participants will also hear from Nancy Murray, Executive Director of The Arc of Greater Pittsburgh, who is a member of the RAISE Act Family Caregiving Advisory Council which worked to compile the 2022 National Strategies report.
- Session #1 – Tuesday, November 1, 2022; 6 – 7 PM. Register Here
- Session #2 – Monday, November 7, 2022; 12 PM – 1 PM. Register Here
To prepare for the meeting, participants may wish to read about the Nation Strategies for Family Caregivers.
- 2022 National Strategy to Support Family Caregivers – An overview and description of the strategy’s goals and intended outcomes.
- First Principles: Cross-Cutting Considerations for Family Caregiver Support – Describes the four key principles that must be reflected in all efforts to improve support to family caregivers.
- Federal Actions – Nearly 350 actions that 15 federal agencies will take in the near term to begin to implement the strategy.
- Actions for States, Communities, and Others – More than 150 actions others can take.
A flyer for this event is available here